Wednesday, February 9, 2011

RoadTrip Home

Well tonight was quite an adventure.

Today in Nashville it snowed cats and dogs.
When Nashville hears about snow, they shut everything down.
When Nashville sees snow, everyone flees. All at once.

On a normal rush hour drive home it takes me about 30 minutes.
Today it took 4 hours.

And my car didn't even take me all the way home.

My precious car that has carried me all over God's creation is now sitting all alone on a hill.
Thinking about it's life.

It could be worse.

That's what I kept thinking as I spent quality time alone next to the entire population of Nashville.

It could be worse.
When my cell phone died, I thought, "I'm not too far now, I'll be fine."
When my car was sliding toward the median, I thought, "At least I'll hit it going five miles an hour."
When I found a secret back road that no one else found, I though, "20 miles an hour has never felt so fast."
When I realized that my car was not going to make it up the hill I just started to cry like a baby crier.
When I realized that now I was stranded and in heels without a cell phone I just got busy praying that God had some magic left in him.

God always has magic.

A nice young man was walking by and guess what. He had a cell phone.
This is why you should always have one person's phone number memorized.

I was about a 10 minute walk from home and MeLissa met me half way with a coat and mittens and company.
I needed company.

What a day.
Hopefully my car makes it through the night.

Nice Try Nashville. I win again.


No comments:

Post a Comment